Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pizza Without the Red Sauce

This is a recipe that Dave and I made for one of our date nights.  It's so delicious!  Disclaimer: the sauce is still red, it just isn't the traditional red sauce most pizzas have.  I adapted it from a recipe at allrecipes.com.


Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. butter (melted)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. sun-dried tomato pesto
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 unbaked pizza crust
Diced tomatoes
Fresh spinach, torn
1 sweet onion, diced
1 (6 oz) package feta cheese, crumbled

Directions:  Mix the butter, olive oil, garlic, tomato pesto, basil, oregano, and Parmesan cheese together to make the sauce.   Spread over one medium-sized pizza crust, and then add the toppings.  Bake according to the directions for the pizza crust.

Note: obviously you can add other toppings that you like, these are just my favorite.  Dave and I like to make personal pizzas so that we can vary both what we put on and how much.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. do you have a specific recipe that you use for your bread crust?
    those look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you that I make my own bread crust . . . alas I buy it at the store. But that's on my list of goals - to learn how to make bread! I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!