Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cinni Minis



Okay, so the other night I had some leftover dough from the Pillsbury seamless dough sheets I had used for dinner.  And what sounded good?  Cinnamon rolls.  So I decided to experiment a little, even though I had never made cinnamon rolls before (unless helping my mom when I was 6-years-old counts).  It is such an EASY and delicious dessert!  I totally recommend trying it out for yourself.

What you'll need:

1 Pillsbury Seamless Dough Sheet
1 tbsp. butter (melted)
Cinnamon
Sugar

Frosting:

1 tbsp. butter (melted)
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar

First things first - preheat your oven to 350.  Then, get out your dough sheet and unroll it.  Take your 1 tbsp. melted butter and spread evenly over the dough.  Next, spread some sugar and cinnamon over the dough, as evenly as possible.  Be as liberal or conservative as you want.  Finally, roll it up.  Like so.

Okay, this next part sounds weird, but hey, it worked for me.  You need some type of string (don't just cut the rolls, you'll smoosh them!).  I didn't have any string lying around, but I had some floss, so that is what I used.  Put the string around a small section of the roll, then tighten it until it cuts the roll off.  Does that make sense?  Lay them out on your baking sheet. They'll look like this:


Finally, pop them in  the oven.  I let them cook about 10 minutes, but my oven tends to run a little hot, so you can adjust accordingly.  While they are baking, I make the frosting.  Combine the melted butter, milk, and vanilla.  Then add the powdered sugar - I never measure it, I just mix more and more in until I like the consistency. 

Here's the finished product:




So good!  Enjoy them with a glass of milk.  Best thing about them is that since they're "mini," you can have more than one without feeling guilty (or at least not very)!

Variation: Okay, there's no way around this . . . I might as well just admit that I have been making and eating these a lot recently.  Here's a fun thing I tried the other night.  Instead of rolling the dough the long way, I rolled it the short way so they were thicker.  Then, instead of making individual rolls, I actually just baked it as one big roll.  When I got it out of the oven, I drizzled it with frosting.  The idea was to be sort of like chocolate roll, except cinnamon roll.  You know?  Anyway, I wish I would have taken a picture, because it looked pretty cool.  But I think you get the idea.  And besides, taste is really all that counts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!