Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Animal Playmates


Okay, so here is something I made for Kate.  I wish I could say that I did the whole thing from "scratch" (closest word I could think of to describe it), but unfortunately, these came in kits.  I pushed aside my fear that I would stick out like a sore thumb in a craft/fabric store, and bravely opened the door to Joann's.  I loved the kid craft section - it makes me so excited for when Kate's got a few birthdays under her belt - but most of them are for kids 3+.  So I found little stick head animals (for lack of a better name) and thought they were adorable.  They were $1.99 each and easy to put together with a glue gun.  Then, you add a few extra embellishments with a sharpie (like the tiger stripes), and voila, you're done!


Kate loves them!  She gets so excited every time she sees them.  I learned the hard way that I can't let her play with them alone (she likes to bite pieces off and suck on the sticks, which are painted), but we have a great time playing with them together.  We named the tiger Timmy and elephant Emily.  Kate loves how the eyes make a rattly noise when you shake them.  Tons of fun, and it mixes up our playtime :)

1 comment:

  1. What a darling idea. I think our grandchildren would love this project. Thanks!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!