Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Top Ten Signs You Might Be Pregnant

Oh yes, hello.  It's me again.  Heidi.  I know we've met at least once, but I thought maybe I should reintroduce myself.  You know, since I haven't been around for 3 months!  I, of course, have lots of excuses, but I won't bore you with those.

But yes, I am pregnant . . . so here's my top ten list:

10 - You haven't done your hair or makeup in 2 weeks.

9 - Your table and counters are covered in take-out boxes.

8 - Your child could eat an entire meal by sitting under their high chair (no, really).

7 - People ask how you are feeling instead of how you are doing.

6 - You eat and crave random things like pack after pack of ramen noodles, toaster strudels, nachos, and lots and lots of toast.

5 - Unlike any other time in your life, your life is counted in weeks.

4 - You sleep 14 hours a day (whenever possible).

3 - Your library books are 2 months overdue (precisely as long as you've been pregnant).

2 - You get an email every week telling you how big your little fetus is (in terms of fruit sizes).

1 - You burst into tears, lose your temper, and fall into the depths of despair over the silliest things . . . like your husband's disagreeing with you about whether Kate has been rubbing her ears a lot recently.

Here are the answers to your commonly asked questions:

Little baby #2 is due on or around October 25.

This means I'm 10 weeks along (1/4 of the way there!) and my baby is the size of a prune.

I am not feeling nearly as miserable as last time, but still plenty miserable - especially since Kate and I have both been sick a lot (besides morning sickness).

Dave thinks it's a boy, and I tend to agree, but I don't feel as certain as I did with Kate.

Yes, I'm already getting fat.

Well, that's all for now, I'm going to slowly try and rejoin the ranks of the blogging community, so wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! This morning I was thinking of you guys as I pulled out of the culdasac and thought, I bet she's pregnant. That's why she hasn't blogged forever.... So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Congratulations!! That's awesome. Here's to a better 30 more weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i figured that might be the cause of your absence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We are excited for you. Maybe we can bring you guys dinner this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Heidi!! Can't wait to hear if Kate's getting a little brother or sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what happened to you! I've missed reading your posts. Congratulations!!! What exciting news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that :) It is just what my life is right now, but minus the sleep... That just doesn't happen with three other littles... Looks like we'll have the same thing this time around because we're due on Thanksgiving! So many congratulations!!! Two is a lot of fun, so keep us as updated as you can. Hopefully I'll see you on Saturday at Alona's shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. #7 = :) Can't wait for you guys to come visit in September!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are back, and congratulations on the news! We need to get together with you guys this summer since we will be leaving in August to move to TX! Anyway, we miss you guys and I hope you will get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha! I'm sorry I always ask you how you're feeling instead of how you're doing. Heidi, I love your posts and I am so excited to be an aunt for the second time! You are wonderful and I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!