Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It's weird that today is actually Halloween, because no one has really even talked about it.  Since we celebrated it yesterday, it seems so . . . well, yesterday.  We had a great first Halloween with Kate!  I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but we were so excited that we pretty much went out September 1 (a lot of the places we looked didn't even have their costumes out yet) to buy Kate her costume.  She was a duck, and a very cute one at that.  I was a farmer.  You know . . .

Old Miss Heidi had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.  
And on her farm she had a . . . duck . . . 


E-I-E-I-O!  With a quack quack here


 and a quack quack there!
(I know the picture is fuzzy, but I loved her little duck tail)
Here a quack, there a quack


Everywhere a quack quack!
(That's cousin Amira - or should I say Queen Amira?  I'm not sure why she was hanging out with us lowly farm folk!)

Here's our whole family.  I'm not sure why Dave was a Jewish Rabbi.  I'm pretty sure it had 100% to do with random assortment of things he found around our house to make a costume out of :)

"What if we lose the farm?"

He actually sort of looks like an Amish farmer.

We had big Halloween party with the Kimball family - saw lots of great costumes, played some fun games, and ate some delicious food.  Check out what we had:


Yes, that's right.  Pumpkin bread bowls.  Dave's mom got them at the Lehi Bakery - aren't they perfect??  Here's mine, with the Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder that Dave's Aunt Rachelle made - delicious!


The soup was fantastic.  Rachelle is an amazing cook, and she has Celiac Disease, so everything she makes is gluten-free.  If you're interested in checking out some of her recipes (including this amazing soup), click here.

Jami was in charge of the fruit - I loved her idea!


Fruit kabobs in the pumpkin.  I think it's a really fun idea for Thanksgiving, too - I'm envisioning a beautiful turkey with fruit feathers :)  Bring on Thanksgiving!







1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!