Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Gestapo Part II

Dave returned home late Friday night (he was out of town Wednesday through Friday, if you didn't read the previous post, click here).  Since then, he's been going around the house singing, "I'm the Gepetto, I'm the Gepetto!"  I think he meant Gestapo.  Nice old Italian man who carves wood - the evil state police of Germany - practically the same thing.

One of the first things he asked when he walked in the front door is, "Did you at least save me one of the cupcakes?"  Of course I did.  I would never eat 12 cupcakes all by myself in 2 1/2 days.  Just 8.  There were 4 left when he got home.  He ate one, threw one in the garbage (he said he had to at least throw one away after I wrote that post about him), and gave me seconds to hide the other ones before he chucked them as well.

The outcome?  I'm officially addicted to these cupcakes.  I've been craving them all week.  Just in case you have too, here's the recipe:


German Chocolate Cupcakes


Cupcakes: Make life easy on yourself.  Use a German Chocolate cake mix. 

Frosting:

1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
3 beaten egg yolks
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Cook the above ingredients on medium heat for 12 minutes, then add:

1 1/3 cups coconut
1 cup roasted chopped pecans (pecans can be roasted in the microwave for one minute on each side)

I like to chop off a piece of Almond Joy and place it on top for a garnish.

*These cupcakes are even better when they are warm and served with ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. the pictures looked so good... I made the gestapo cupcakes for our ward Christmas party. They were a huge hit! (of course). Even though we were late and it was the last dessert to be laid on the table, they were still one of the first to be gone. thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!