Monday, November 29, 2010

Dress for Success

 She definitely got more sleep than me.

It's a pretty famous saying: "Dress for success."  I'd be lying if I said this is the motto I live by.  My motto goes something more like, "You are what you wear."  You may be thinking, isn't it "You are what you eat?"  No.  Because if that were true, I'd be a morph between a Chex Muddy Buddy and a pan of brownies.  (Yes, I linked up the recipe, just in case you started craving Chex Muddy Buddies like I just did . . . everything is accurate except the part that says it makes 18 servings.  That's a lie.  It makes about 1 1/2.)

Back to my point.  You are what you wear.  Actually, I don't know if you are.  That would be going out on a limb.  I only know that I am what I wear.  Take today for example.  Last night Kate did not sleep well at all - turns out we have our 6th tooth coming in.  I got about 5 hours of completely interrupted sleep and woke up quite cranky this morning.  I didn't get to shower until about 10 am, and you better believe that when I got dressed I put on a very comfortable, broken-in pair of sweats.  Let me explain what that means . . .

It means that as soon as I can convince Kate to nap, I will run (yes, run) to the couch and try to catch-up on some of my sleep.  It means that I won't really feel like accomplishing much of anything today.  It means that I broke my no-t.v. rule for Kate and we just watched Playhouse Disney together.  And it means that today, hair and makeup probably won't be happening.

If I had accidentally put on my cute jeans, boots, and a nice shirt, today would have been very different.  I probably would have done my hair and makeup.  Kate and I might have taken a trip to the library.  I probably would have been motivated to put away all my fall decorations and get out the Christmas stuff.  And, I'd probably be feeling like a much better mom and person in general.

Sigh.  Oh well, I guess I should lay out my clothes for tomorrow ahead of time . . .

Am I the only person like this?  Please say no.

4 comments:

  1. i live for any type of stretch pant right now so no worries i dont judge! hope you guys had a fun thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not the only one. i'm still in my PJ bottoms and a cozy shirt. i've been cleaning, cooking all day... never planned on going out anywhere today... so after i showered, i put my PJ back on to officially declare it stay home day today. :)
    hope kate is feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. You are NOT the only one like that :) Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you're not the only one, but you're right! I try to set out my clothes AND the kids' clothes the night before, so that I will be less tempted to stay in my workout clothes that may or may not be used for the purpose of working out :) You really do get a lot more done when you really get dressed!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!