Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Mr. Murphy, I hate your stinkin' guts . . .

I'm wondering (which means you probably are too) how this



and this . . .


Could possibly turn into this


and this . . .


so quickly?

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong

Dear Mr. Murphy,

I hate your stinkin' guts.  Why did you have to discover and share your stupid law, anyway?  I mean, come on.  Haven't you heard the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" ?  Have you never heard of the power of positive thinking?  I bet that if you shared your discovery of a law that said something like, "If anything can right, it will go right," it could go a really long way in people's lives.  And people's kitchens.  Like mine, for example. 

Love,

A very dissatisfied Murphy's law-abiding citizen

P.S. If you want a laugh, check out this website: http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-laws.html


2 comments:

  1. haha! Heidi, your kitchen is just fine. Don't stress about it! And if my baby doesn't come any time soon, I might offer to come clean your kitchen for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this wasn't the point of your post, but can I just say that I love your blue walls? I now want to paint my kitchen blue. I live in a very large apartment building at the moment and with so many apartments to keep track of, I think I can get away with doing it right under the management people's noses.

    However, Murphy's Law would then state that as soon as I paint my kitchen- that's when management would stage a random maintenance check on my floor.

    Dangint. Now I hate Murphy's stinkin' guts, too...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!